Thursday, July 7, 2011

Water Baptism Saturday at Kayak Point


This morning I was contemplating 'Water Baptism."  What is it and why is it important to me?  I have conducted countless baptisms in the last 18 years of ministry and I will tell you this....."Baptism is a great reminder to everyone that our decision to serve God must be taken seriously and soberly.'  I meant that in the sense of being a Christian by DECISION and not be EMOTION.  I am a Christian by decision therefore I don't just walk away when I no longer feel emotionally charged to live for God.  Water Baptism is an act that allows me to make a public declaration that I am deciding to follow Christ.  It also allows me to stop my world, take a time out and make an eternal vow to the master.  I would challenge you to remember your own water baptism and the decision that you made.  Remember the excitement that you felt and the joy that surrounded it.   This Saturday at Kayak Point we (Jakes House Church) are conducting an outdoor baptism service.  Going to be an amazing time.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment